Sister site Keys Review takes a look at the Piano 5 from Nord. Find out what Tom discovered and check out the various sound samples.
Stock this product? Why not share this free and impartial review with your customers.
The latest edition of our award-winning Piano series is equipped with dual piano engines, dual sample synths and twice the memory of the previous generation.
With the combination of a premium Triple Sensor keybed and our exclusive Virtual Hammer Action Technology, the portable Nord Piano 5 delivers an exceptional playing experience.
- 88-note Triple Sensor keybed with grand weighted action
- 73-note Triple Sensor keybed with grand weighted action NEW
- Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Advanced Layering (2 Pianos + 2 Sample Synths) NEW
- Advanced KB Split with optional crossfades NEW
- Seamless Transitions
- OLED display for excellent overview
- 2 independent Piano Layers NEW
- 2x memory for Nord Piano Library NEW
- 120 Voice Polyphony
- Creative Piano Timbre options including Dyno filter
- 3 Dynamic Curves to suit any playing style
- Dynamic Pedal Noise with Nord Triple Pedal
- Advanced String Resonance
- Soft Release
- 2 independent Sample Synth Layers NEW
- 2x memory for Nord Sample Library NEW
- Soft and Bright filters NEW
- Unison for rich, ensemble sounds NEW
- Tru-Vibrato for authentic vibrato NEW
- Round robin for natural sounding repetitions NEW
- Support for monophonic samples with legato NEW
- Attack, Decay/Release and Dynamic controls
- High quality stereo effects modelled after classic stomp boxes
- Reverb with Chorale and Bright/Dark mode NEW
- Delay with Ping Pong mode NEW
Two independent Pianos and Sample Synths
The Piano and Sample Synth sections of the Nord Piano 5 each contain two independent Layers. The two Pianos and two Sample Synths can be used simultaneously in a variety of split or Layer configurations. Combined with the versatile effects routing, a wide range of combinations can be achieved – from classic ensemble settings to rich soundscapes. The LED equipped Level controls allow for quick and precise balancing of all Layer volume levels. A Volume Pedal and/or Sustain Pedal can be assigned to each Layer.
Live focused design
The Nord Piano 5 has dedicated dials and buttons for full hands-on control during a live performance. Transposing, setting up a split point or creating a layered sound can be accomplished instantly.
The Nord Piano 5 features seamless transitions for glitch free changing of sounds or programs while playing.