Audio Distribution Group have announced that Darkglass Electronics are launching two exciting updates to their range of compact bass amplifier heads.
The diminutive, fully featured Microtubes 500v2 and Alpha·Omega 500 are not only great powerhouses for live performance, but also have stellar features for practice and home recording. Both models are shipping now to the UK from Audio Distribution Group.
2016 marked the first entry for Darkglass Electronics into the amplifier market with the release of the original Microtubes 900. What started out as a daring, experiment in a highly competitive industry segment, is now a thriving family of powerful and flexible amplifiers that fulfil a multitude of desires for the modern bass player.
Updating the smallest model and now featuring either of the celebrated signature Dual Microtubes and Alpha·Omega drive engines as model options, the Microtubes 500v2 and Alpha·Omega 500 continue this legacy and allow for even more bass players to get hold of the latest developments. Plus with their sleek package, both of these amplifiers pack a real punch on the inside, despite their seemingly inconspicuous size.
An all new high-efficiency class D power amplifier module sits at the heart of these innovative 500-Watt models. This superior and custom-designed Darkglass module enables the usage of speaker cabs with impedance as low as 2 Ω, adding a new level of flexibility for your cabinet options. The new internal cabinet simulation is a much-requested feature, which utilizes an improved version of Darkglass Electronics’ Cab Sim/IR module.
With three slots for hi-res impulse responses, which are active for both the headphone output and the balanced XLR DI output, Microtubes 500v2 and Alpha·Omega 500 are great devices for recording. Add in the auxiliary input and either amplifier is also the ideal tool for silent practicing too.
In addition, Darkglass have added their studio-grade one-knob VCA compressor with intelligent makeup gain for level consistency, while a new ultra-quiet graphic 6-band equalizer now replaces the 4-band version on the previous 500 model.
- Switchable Alpha and Omega analog drive/distortion circuits
- MOD control for blending between Alpha and Omega distortion engines
- Drive/Clean Blend control with separate Bite and Growl switches
- Switchable Vintage Microtubes and Microtubes B3K analog drive/distortion circuits
- Microtubes engine Tone control
- Drive/Clean Blend control
- Custom-designed Darkglass high-efficiency class D power amplifier module
- 500 W RMS Power Output
- 8/4/2 Ohm load compatible
- Analog preamp with Passive/Active input switch
- Three speaker cab Impulse Response slots, selectable via the Cab Select switch.
- Built-in adjustable studio-grade VCA compressor
- Ultra-quiet 6-band graphic EQ
- XLR DI Output with ground lift
- FX Loop
- 3.5mm Auxiliary input
- Headphone output with cabinet simulation
- USB to connect to free Darkglass Suite (for Mac/PC)
Loads Impulse Responses
Control for the VCA Compressor (programmable on/off per channel)
- Compatible with Intelligent and Super Intelligent Footswitches
Microtubes 500v2 GBP ERP £745 Available now
Alpha Omega 500 GBP ERP £745 Available now