Apogee Electronics and UK distributor Sound Technology Ltd are pleased to announce immediate availability of the new Apogee Symphony Desktop audio interface.
Symphony Desktop for Mac and Windows packs the legendary sound quality of Apogee’s rack-mount Symphony I/O Mk II into an elegant and inspiring 10×14 audio interface that sits on your desk and fits in your bag. With Symphony Desktop, musicians and producers are empowered to record, overdub and mix with the music industry’s most respected AD/DA converters and mic preamps.
By combining superior performance, with new features like mic preamp emulation, the Apogee Channel FX plugin and ultra low latency recording with hardware DSP and Apogee native FX plugins (available at v1.1 release), Symphony Desktop will amplify your creativity in your studio or on the go and give your recordings the Apogee sound quality advantage.
Symphony Desktop Features
- 10 IN x 14 OUT simultaneous channels of audio
- Cutting edge components and circuit design deliver detailed and pristine sound quality
- A/D & D/A Resolution up to 24bit/192kHz
- 2 Advanced Stepped Gain mic preamps with up to 75dB of gain and variable impedance
- 1 Instrument input with variable impedance
- Built In DSP: FPGA processing of Apogee FX Rack plugins
- Flexible, zero latency plugin workflows: Print, Monitor and DualPath Link (v1.1)
- Apogee Alloy Mic Preamp emulation
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4″ combi (mic/line), 1 x 1/4″ (Hi-Z)
- Analog Outputs: 2 x 1/4″ (monitor)
- 2 Assignable Headphone Outputs: 1 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8”
- Digital I/O: 2 x Optical Toslink (SMUX, ADAT, S/PDIF)
- Computer Connectivity: USB over Type C Connector
- Software Control: Symphony Desktop Control application (macOS v1.1, Windows v1.2)
- macOS 10.12 or later, Quad Core i7 Processor or higher
- PC: Windows 10 Anniversary update or later, Quad Core i7 Processor or higher
Symphony Quality Meets Duet and Quartet Simplicity
Symphony Desktop not only delivers the music industry’s most sought after and respected sound quality with its Symphony I/O Mk II pedigree, it offers the inspiring and elegant usability of the iconic Apogee Duet and Quartet.
Apogee FX Plugins included with Symphony Desktop
- Symphony ECS Channel Strip
- Clearmountain’s Spaces Reverb
Mic Preamp Emulations included with Symphony Desktop
- AP-66 – Class A console sound
- Inspired by the Marinar “Round can” input transformer and discrete transistor design of our Class A Neve 1066 mic preamp.
- AP-57 – Lush, 50s Tone
- This emulation offers the lush, larger-than-life sounds of our 50s era Ampex 601 preamp, carefully restored and modded for lower noise and greater dynamic range.
In the Box
- Symphony Desktop
- 12V DC power supply
- USB Type C to A cable
- USB Type C to C cable
- Quick start guide
Pricing and Availability
The Apogee Symphony Desktop is available now priced at £1299 RRP inc VAT.
Apogee is distributed in the UK/ROI by Sound Technology Ltd. For more information please call 01462 480000 or visit www.soundtech.co.uk/music-retail/apogee.