D’Addario is the world’s leading manufacturer of accessories for musicians. Based in New York, USA, the company has offices around the world. D’Addario’s Newcastle office, covering Europe, is seeking to recruit a European Artist Marketing Coordinator.
In this role, you will help reach our goal of positioning D’Addario as a maverick brand that offers the most cutting-edge and innovative products to musicians all over the world. The role will collaborate with the NY team to create and implement the go-to-market strategy for artist marketing in Europe. Elevating D’Addario through artist engagement across product, marketing, and sales. You’ll be responsible for continuing D’Addario’s legacy of world-class service, while identifying new growth opportunities for both the artists endorsed by these brands and the brands themselves.
- Implement an annual artist marketing plan to guide the internal organization in the prioritization, development and execution of ongoing artist-based initiatives.
- Develop artist-driven marketing strategies and initiatives for Europe with Global Director of Artist Relations to elevate & extend brand awareness across content, social media, events, partnerships and experiential marketing. Carefully monitor artist’s social channels thru D’Addario’s social listening tool. Execute timely response to amount of artist activity—both pro and con.
- Work closely with social teams to create relevant artist and influencer social postings on behalf of our priority products and campaigns.
- Provide support & service to all artists, including expedient, accurate and professional order support, product information and customer service. This includes both European artists and D’Addario endorsed artists visiting from other countries.
- Support product innovation, aligning artists with D’Addario product launches, marketing campaigns and initiatives, while also creating opportunities for D’Addario to support artists in their efforts to drive awareness, create demand for their music and build our community.
- Establish and drive global brand guidelines for product seeding and product placement across multiple musician focused platforms and venues (festivals, events, venues, digital channels, platforms, etc).
- Identify emerging artists, influencers and educators across all relevant genres and styles of music to expand our brands’ existing connections and create longer lasting industry relationships.
- Partner with internal marketing, product and sales teams to ensure effective artist integration, communication and involvement. Work closely with all the functional marketing leads at D’Addario to support the on-going planning and execution of all momentum-based marketing activities and requests, across PR, Social Media, Retail, Content, Events and Digital.
- Timely (monthly) reporting and adherence to budgets
Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- 5 years’ demonstrated experience working with artists, either directly or indirectly, to successfully develop and execute marketing strategies, increase awareness, build community and create demand.
- Demonstrated experience implementing strategic plans, focusing on priorities, KPI’s, ROI and execution.
Qualities & Competencies
- Strong working knowledge of building artists and brands across digital, social media, pr, content, advertising and retail.
- Strong, definable network of connections and reputation within the artist community and across the music industry including agents, managers, producers, music industry executives, event and festival organizers and promoters, and marketing/sales leads.
- Comfortable negotiating usage rights and clearances with artist management, agents and labels, as needed.
- A general understanding of either/both fretted and/or percussion instruments.
- Strong understanding of the D’Addario brands and proven ability to drive brand aligned/ artist-first marketing promotions, concepts, activations & media partnerships to generate earned media awareness, buzz and sentiment.
- Organised, structured and methodical with exceptional attention to detail
- Hands-on, customer focussed Hard-working & highly committed
- A team player. Able to work calmly under pressure
- Aligned to D’Addario culture.
Salary dependent on experience.
To apply email your cv, including a covering letter to:email@example.com sure to include the word Artist in the subject line.