Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) today continues its expansion and industry-defining innovation with the top-selling Player Plus series, launching the Player Plus Meteora HH Guitar and Player Plus Active Meteora Bass.
First introduced as a limited run in 2018, the Meteora is the latest model in Fender’s 75 year-long track record of creating visually stunning and amazingly playable guitars. The futuristic Meteora now joins iconic models such as the Stratocaster® and Telecaster® in the Player Plus lineup.
The Meteora is the latest addition to the Player Plus Series, an extension of the Player Series, which is one of the most-searched series of electrics globally and one of the best-selling lines in Fender history. Adopted by a wide-range of players, the series has since become the industry-standard for accessible guitars. The unveiling of the Meteora exemplifies Fender’s evolutionary innovation and ethos of honouring its celebrated past while looking to the future. The legacy of Fender instruments mirrors the course of the collective legacy of the artists who play them. A completely new shape for a Fender guitar, the legacy of the Meteora has yet to be claimed by an artist, genre or era. The future lies completely in the hands of an inspired new generation of players that evoke extraordinary creativity, energy, vibe and tangible style.
“The release of Player Plus Meteora® marks an uncharted and exciting era for Fender, a legacy undefined,” said Justin Norvell, Executive Vice President of Fender Products. “The guitar emulates a fusion of unexpected elements that work in perfect harmony and serves as a paradigm of Fender’s ahead-of-the-curve innovation and revered leadership in the industry. With a set of powerful Fireball humbucking pickups, advanced features and new otherworldly finishes, the Player Plus Meteora is the perfect tool to spark creativity in the next generation of guitar players.”
Artists taking part in the launch of the Player Plus Meteora® include creators that synonymously reflect a perfect storm of unexpected sonic elements, such as experimental pop band Japanese Breakfast helmed by Michelle Zauner, rapper Teezo Touchdown recognized for his larger-than-life persona and blend of pop punk and trap sounds and “Fed Up” artist Ghostemane known for merging elements of heavy metal, hip-hop and industrial music. Indie rock crooners and Fender gear fanatics Portugal. The Man will support by performing hit tracks on tour like “Feel It Still” while jamming on a Player Plus Meteora. With space-age colourways, an otherworldly body shape and supermassive sound, the Player Plus Meteora HH and Active Meteora Bass start a bold new chapter in the Fender legacy – the next in a long line of iconic designs that will dominate stages for decades to come.
Player Plus Meteora® HH and Player Plus Active Meteora® Bass, expertly crafted in Ensenada, Mexico, are meticulously refined and designed to deliver next-level performance from the studio to stage and beyond. Blending top-notch features of the iconic Telecaster® and Jazzmaster® models, the addition of Player Plus Meteora® HH and Player Plus Active Meteora® Bass offer a modern twist on Fender’s classic geometry. The Player Plus Meteora is upgraded with key features that eliminate obstacles to the player, appealing to the high-gain, high-performance artist that possesses an appetite to play even louder and longer.
● Advanced features showcasing distinctive style, promoting a longer, comfortable playing experience, including:
- Modern “C” Neck with Rolled Edges with a discerning moderate depth and softened edges.
- 12” Radius Fretboard provides a flatter playing surface that allows more aggressive bending without “choking out.”
- Medium Jumbo Frets allow players to fret and bend notes easier, ideal for high speed playing.
- Modern Nut Width for intricate and precise picking patterns.
● Pristine super-massive sound features to amplify playing experience, including:
- Player Plus® “Fireball” Humbucking PickupsTM produce powerful, thick tones withreduced hum.
- Advanced Switching Options for easy access to a wide array of tonal possibilities.
- High-performance Bridges deliver smoother, more precise tremolo action and modern feel in the Player Plus Meteora® HH and provide improved sustain, stability and intonation in the Player Plus Meteora® Bass.
- Locking Tuners (on Meteora HH only) give players impeccable tuning stability and make string changes seamless.
- Active Bass Preamp provides versatility of both passive and active modes and easy-to-use controls giving players a wide range of tonal possibilities.
- Gradient Burst Finishes featuring intense vibrant space-age colours emulating ‘80’s nostalgia, the Meteora demands immediate attention. Colourways include Belaire Blue, 3-Colour Sunburst, Cosmic Jade, Silverburst, Tequila Sunrise and Opal Spark.
Player Plus Meteora® HH ($1,049.99 USD, €1149.00 EUR, £999.000 GBP, $2,299.00 AUD, ¥156,750 JPY)
Player Plus Active Meteora® Bass ($1,149.99 USD, €1299.00 EUR, £1,149.00 GBP, $2,399.00 AUD, ¥160,600 JPY)
For additional information on new Fender products, visit www.fender.com. Join the conversation on social media by following @Fender.